WHAT IS THE PUSHHOUSE?
Simply put, the PushHouse is a combination of weight training, Pilates, Pedal, and Booty Barre. The PushHouse utilizes the best of all: the strengthening and toning benefits of weight training, the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates and Booty Barre in a circuit training sequence, and the cardiovascular blast of indoor cycling with the RealRyder leaning bikes.
The pushHouse keeps the heart rate up and burns extra calories. The routines incorporate “old school” exercises such as push ups and lunges, however, the support of the Allegro 2 reformer eliminates the pressure on joints and the spine.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD WE PRACTICE AT THE PUSHHOUSE?
Our workouts are designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest. Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. For our Pilates or Pilates/Barre fusion classes, we would recommend 2 to 3 times per week to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Some students love the workout so much that they come 5 or 6 times a week. For our intense pedal sessions, we would recommend up to 3 or 4 times per week to cross train with your Pilates/Barre workouts. Listen to your body. If you are still sore when you workout next, you may need to take another day off.
I HAVE NEVER DONE PILATES, CAN WE DO THE CLASSES?
OR SHOULD I DO PRIVATE SESSIONS FIRST?
It depends on your current fitness level. Most of our new students do just fine in the classes.
The workout is intense but the routine is kept simple to make sure everyone is using good form. However, if you have chronic back pain , painful joints or a severe medical condition, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level.
WHAT IF WE CAN’T COME TO CLASS AND I HAVE ALREADY
BEEN CONFIRMED? WILL I BE CHARGED?
Yes, even if it’s your first time. We require a 12-hour notice (online) before making any kind of changes to your schedule. If you cancel or reschedule a class via the online scheduler within 12 hours of your scheduled class, you will be charged a “late cancel” fee of $15. If you don’t show up for a reserved class, or fail to initial the “sign-in” sheet or scan your membership keytag, you will be charged a $20 “no-show” fee. If you are on a count series or membership, a class will also be deducted from that series. Regular priced (full price) class purchases ($35 per class) will just lose the class and not incur an additional “late” or “no-show” fee for a missed class. There are no exceptions.
Please arrive at least ten minutes before class. If you do not show up for your reserved spot within 5 minutes after the start of class, it may be given to a standby student.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TALK TO SOMEONE
ABOUT SCHEDULING CLASSES AND THE AUTOMATED
Someone is usually available during class hours. You can also call or email us. We check the messages twice per day and return calls/emails usually within 24 hours. We recommend that all of our members get familiar with our automated booking system. it is the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to book classes. If you forgot your password or need more info, call or email us.
What Should We Bring to Class?
1. Most importantly, bring a positive attitude. Leave all your worries behind. The class is for you. You need to be present minded when working out to maximize the benefits of the class.
2. Bring a towel as you will most likely sweat!
3. We have water, but please bring a water bottle ( we’re trying to do our part in saving paper). We also have water bottles for sale.
4. Wear comfortable clothes that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to “breathe”.
5. Grip Socks (if you don’t have a pair, you can purchase some at our studio).
6. Jewelry is a recipe for disaster. We recommend you leave your jewelry at home.
7. No cell phones during classes (please be respectful of others).
8. No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
9. If you are about to renew, please bring your payment. Most of our clientele pay online using our automated system. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you’re not prepaid.
10. You’ll need a hair tie if you have long hair.